St. James Catholic Church and School is hiring a Director of Development. This is a full-time position. You may download the job description here. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a letter of interest and resume to Rich Blickendorfer, Business Manager.
The Director of Development implements the Pastor's plan of public relations, marketing, communications, fundraising, and special event promoting involvement and investment in both the Parish and School. While some of these objectives are financial in nature, the over-arching goal is to bring others to Christ through the Parish and School's education, ministry, and outreach. By working collaboratively with staff, clergy, religious, faculty, and volunteers, this position works to ensure that St. James' mission of Gospel witness continue with vigor and foresight in perpetuity.
- Must be a person of faith committed to Gospel values. Must be able to understand and support the mission and purpose of the Parish and School.
- Must value the responsible management of precious resources entrusted to the Parish by generous people.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree
- Must be capable of maintaining confidentiality at all times, under all circumstances.
- Must be a creative and motivated self-starter.
- Must be outgoing, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be committed to building productive, long-term relationships with others.
- Must be organized and able to coordinate multiple projects, and to work with various Parish and School groups at the same time.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some weeknights and weekends.
- Requires administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit, mission-oriented environment; development and supervisory experience preferred.
- Requires proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and a working knowledge of donor or other database administration; proficiency in MS Publisher preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties of this Position
- Supports the Pastor’s efforts to build and grow long-term relationships with major donors.
- Coordinates the annual Parish Offertory Program.
- Coordinates the Bishop’s Lenten Appeal Parish Program.
- Coordinates the School’s Annual Appeal.
- Grows and develops specific funds such as the existing Clarke-Delaney Teacher Education and Guardian Angel Scholarship funds.
- Works with Diocesan guidance and support to implement and coordinate a capital campaign, if requested by the Pastor.
- Coordinates efforts to encourage planned giving to St. James.
- Coordinates scheduling of development efforts with those of various Parish ministry groups and the School PTO.
- Recruits, trains and guides volunteers to support development projects, such as mailings.
- Tracks, analyzes and reports on donor data.
- Serves on School’s Enrollment Committee to maximize student recruitment and retention in the School.
- Works with the School Principal and staff to develop and implement timely communications to internal and external communities regarding Open Houses and other open School events.
- Supports School staff on review and update of School promotional materials.
- Supports School staff on outreach to Pre-Kindergarten parish children.
Public Relations, Marketing, and Communications
- Supervises and serves as a backup for the Parish Communications Specialist, including Parish and School website management, preparation of the weekly Parish bulletin, photography and videography of Parish events, and the use of various social media.
- Contributes information and promotional material to the weekly Parish bulletin, periodic Parish newsletters, and other external communiques as directed by the Pastor or Principal.
Event-Planning and Other Duties
- Works with Parish and School staff on various events such as Open Houses, Back to School Nights, Parish Picnic, Volunteer Reception, Faculty Welcome Back Dinner, and other events as need by the Pastor or Principal.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Pastor or as requested by fellow team members to support the Parish and School.