Gifts & Fruits of the Holy Spirit
During the Novena to the Holy Spirit, we are praying for the gifts of the Holy Spirit, which are similar but not to be confused with the fruits of the Holy Spirit.
The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord. They belong in their fullness to Christ, Son of David. They complete and perfect the virtues of those who receive them. They make the faithful docile in readily obeying divine inspirations.
The fruits of the Spirit are perfections that the Holy Spirit forms in us as the first fruits of eternal glory. The tradition of the Church lists twelve of them: “charity, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, generosity, gentleness, faithfulness, modesty, self-control, chastity.”
- Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1831 & 1832
- Mass Livestream
- Devotions to St. Joseph
- Father Scalia's Sunday Homilies
- Father Scalia's Most Recent Parish Email
- Rectory Ramblings
- Prayers and Devotions in the Face of COVID-19
- Bulletin Archive
- Saint James Parish in the News
- Bulletin Submissions
- 2019 Novena To The Immaculate Conception Homilies
- Recommended Spiritual Reading
- Vacation Bible School
- Leader Resources
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.