At the back of the frame church, two beautiful angels in a stained glass arch looked down on the altar. They were created by the renowned company of Franz Mayer of Munich and New York. When the church was torn down in 1902, Thomas Hillier, who was building the new church, and a colleague acquired the window. Mr. Hillier was a member of Columbia Baptist Church and the window was installed there in 1909. After a few years, it was removed and stored in the basement, only to be discovered in the 1940s and restored to the sanctuary. When a new Columbia Baptist was underway in 1968, St. James declined their offer to return the window, and it now graces the baptistery of Columbia Baptist. Ecumenical relations have a long history here.