1944-1948 - Father Edward V. Mullarkey, “The Master Builder”
During Father Mullarkey’s time as Pastor, Falls Church grew from a dreamy country village to a rapidly developing young city. Once there were not enough students to fill a school; but now there was not enough room for the growing enrollment. With the new school construction and expansion that began in 1944, Father Mullarkey earned the name “The Master Builder.”
Above: St. James School as it was being rebuilt after the original 1905 building was torn down
Left: Father Edward V. Mullarkey inspects the new school under construction
Above: The new school under construction. The school was completed and dedicated in 1948.