This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

125 Years of Parish Life

As we celebrate our anniversary, we will be publishing a series of historical articles and pictures to share how our parish has grown to become such an integral part of Falls Church and Northern Virginia.

During the postwar boom, our community outgrew the original 1905 building.

Fr. Posey's column in honor of our 125th Anniversary

Our Kindergarten began in 1949, five years after Mrs. Clarke began first grade!

On May 1, 1949, the Sister, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary celebrated their silver jubilee of service at St. James.

Building new school buildings and offering a quality education

A population boom led to more students and new buildings

The war brought a boom in enrollment... and a new school building.

Our fourth pastor was an Irish priest who shepherded us through the Depression and World War II.

1923-The IHMs Arrive

March 10, 2017

Six IHM sisters arrived in 1923 to run the school, which had grown to 92 students.